|Kitten rescue at 2352 Craig Avenue, Sacramento, California about 1961|
Left to right: Vicky Cimino, Elaine Kelly, Vince Cimino and Nick Cimino with hands on hips.
I am estimating that I was about seven years old which places the date at 1961. It appears that I was pretty proud of myself for crawling under our house and rescuing this litter of kittens. The mama cat had delivered her kittens inside the foundation of our fireplace. We could hear the mewing in the vicinity of our fireplace so my parents sent me into the crawl space on the rescue mission. It was a difficult extraction process reaching inside the opening in the bricks.
- 1960-1963 Freeport Elementary Grade 1-3, 2118 Meadowview Road Sacramento, CA 95832
- 1963-1965 John Bidwell Elementary Grade 4-6 accelerated, 1730 - 65th Avenue Sacramento, CA 95822
- 1965-1966 C.M Goethe Jr. High School [renamed Rosa Parks Middle School] 2250 - 68th Avenue Sacramento, CA 95822
- 1966-1968 John Still Jr. High; 2250 John Still Drive Sacramento, CA 95832
- 1968-1971 J.F. Kennedy High School, Graduation 1971; 6715 Gloria Drive Sacramento, CA 95831
- 1971-1973 Cosumnes River College; 8401 Center Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95823
- 1973-1975 U.C. Davis, graduation June 1975, B.A. Political Science
|Vince and Faran Cimino are playing in the snow at Lake Tahoe. The estimated date on this one is 1965 or 1966. We were very fortunate to be able to spend many weekends and vacations with our grandparents who lived in South Lake Tahoe.|
|Mark Smith, Vicky Cimino Smith, Denise Brooks Cimino, Brina Cimino, Faran Cimino and Nick Cimino|
|Faran, Vicky and Nick|
|Faran displaying his Ford Falcon "Woody" Wagon|
|Faran has adorned his classic car with surf decals.|
|Faran, Denise, Brina and Cameron Cimino. |
The phone booth in Faran's yard is a nice tribute to our father's career at the phone company.